Every person seeks out massage therapy for a different reason, and that’s because it helps achieve so many different health goals.
Massage therapy is a natural healing practice that helps to relieve tension and pain, promote wellness, and restore balance to the body. It can also provide hundreds of other benefits, from relaxation and mental health to improved mobility, circulation, immunity, and healing.
Massage therapy has been used as a traditional healing practice for centuries. In the modern world, massage is an essential part of a long-term health and wellness plan.
At Urban Massage & Wellness, our Registered Massage Therapists have studied the various modalities to bring you the best treatments and therapy options available in St. Albert. Whatever your health goals are, we have a team of highly experienced massage therapists ready to help you reach them.
Please consult your doctor to make sure that massage is right for you.
Massage Therapy Benefits
There are tremendous benefits to be achieved through regular massage therapy treatments from a Registered Massage Therapist. Whether your need is to have a moment of relaxation, reduce muscle tension or attain relief from chronic pain, a therapeutic massage can enhance your overall sense of mental and physical well-being.
Massage therapy can be used for the treatment of both acute and chronic conditions. RMTs can work with a wide spectrum of clients in the treatment of illness, injury rehabilitation and disability.
Massage Therapists today use their knowledge of physiology and anatomy to combine traditional and modern massage therapy techniques with other therapies to treat their clients.
Massage Therapy can also be used as part of a preventative care program. This includes sports training, injury prevention, ongoing stress management, and more! Together, you and your therapist will develop a treatment plan based on your needs. The treatment plan can be changed at any time and you have no obligation to undergo any part of treatment. Your treatment begins after you’ve given your informed consent.
Mental Benefits Of Massage Therapy
- Promotes a relaxed state of mental alertness
- Fosters peace of mind
- Helps relieve mental stress
- Improves the ability to monitor stress signals and respond appropriately
- Enhances capacity for calm thinking and creativity
- Fosters a feeling of emotional well-being
- Reduces levels of anxiety
- Creates body awareness
- Increases awareness of mind-body connection
Physical Benefits Of Massage Therapy
- Reduce or eliminate pain
- Balance the nervous system
- Relieve stress and reduce anxiety
- Decrease muscular tension
- Promote faster healing of strained muscles & sprained ligaments
- Improve joint mobility and range of motion
- Enhance athletic performance
- Speed healing after surgery or injuries
- Reduce pain and swelling
- Lessen the formation of excessive scar tissue
- Promote deeper and easier breathing
- Improve circulation of blood and movement of lymph fluids
- Strengthen the immune system
- Enhance the health and nourishment of skin
- Improve posture
Make Time For YOU!!!
Regular self care helps you do more of what you love. No matter your lifestyle, your daily grind adds stress to your body. Make the choice to look after your body today!